Skip to main content

Liebster Blog Award

Thanks to Suzanne Kistler from Quilt by Faith blog for giving me the coveted Liebster Blog award.
According to her post, The Liebster Award takes its name from the German word meaning Beloved, Dearest or Favorite.  It's to be given to blogs with less than 200 followers and for someone who inspires you.  



As part of the tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired.
To accept the award you must:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.


Here are 5 bloggers who inspire me.  


Paula from Paula's Pins and Needles - she inspires me because of how much she gets done.  She's a dedicated quilter and donates so much of her time and energy for charity quilts as well as to her family and friends.  


Jodi from Sew Handmade - she inspires me because she's a young mother of 2, in the process of building a new house, and still finds time to do crafts with her kids and quilt and she loves vintage fabrics and upcycling fabrics to make beautiful quilts.


Anna, the Artist Within - I think the artist in her is really coming out.  She does traditional quilts but I really love her art quilts.  For some reason I can always relate to them and I "get" them.  Plus she's a dear friend and she has taught me so much about quilting.


Darby from Quilted Squid - Besides loving the name of her blog and one day I'll have to ask her how she came about that name, she's a relatively new friend that I met through guild.  She just joined a few months ago, is starting a long arm business and she's just so darned cute.  Her photos on her blog are as outstanding as her quilt work.  She not only shows her customers quilts but also what projects she's personally working on.  


Debbie - Quilt Crazy Debbie - she's just an inspiration to me all around.  She has a lovely soul and is super talented as a quilter and has no problems sharing her ideas and helping you when you need it.  I can always text her a picture of what I'm working on and I know I'll get an honest opinion about it.  Plus we text and stuff during Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Downton Abbey and a host of others.  (Yes, I've had to increase my texting allowance because of this.)


Thanks to all the other people I know and don't know who blog.  You are all an inspiration to me.  I am a blog addict and am always trying to keep up on what's going on out there in the quilt world.


Thanks for looking.


Comments

  1. barbara, your white and green quilt is absolutely beautiful, love it, you are always sewing!!! I wish I sewed as much as you, I am getting better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.