Skip to main content

How to Improve an Already Completed Quilt (and I turned 50)

First off, I finished this quilt a few months ago for my grandson.  This picture shows it unfinished, but he got it finished before he was born. 

But there was something missing and I just couldn't put my finger on it. 

And then I got this picture and realized that it needed this to improve the quilt. 
Kelly said Jack loves his quilt.

And last Saturday I had my 50th birthday and had a party at my house.  I had a great time and was so happy so many of my family and friends could join me in celebrating this milestone.  I have a good life and am very thankful for all I have.  My youngest sister couldn't be there but she sent this box of 50 leaf items.  Since I was "leaf"ing my 40's behind.  

It was like a treasure chest full of leaf goodness.  (leaf cookies she bought and she made some too, a cookie cutter, a frame, a magnet, a necklace and earrings, chocolate bar shaped like a leave, a notebook, kitchen towels, a candle holder and candle, all individually wrapped in a a box.)  In the background of the picture you can see a pile of fall fabrics.  My Material Girls Friendship group ladies got together and put a basket of 1 yard pieces of fall fabrics (they each donated one yard) knowing how much I love fall and fall fabrics.  I will make a leaf quilt with those fabrics.  (Next year though.)  I also received other very nice gifts which surprised me since I put no gifts on the invitation.

It took me two days to recover from the party.  I think I had one too many margaritta's.  It could have been the shots of tequila though.  Not sure.  :)

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Hi Barbara! So glad you stopped by for a visit today. You are so right about having the extra machine. I tried using my daughter's Singer but it shakes so badly that my 1/4 in. seam is all wavy! Looks like you have been busy, quilts, adorable baby and a birthday party. It doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!!! Don't you just love that Minkee fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great meeting some of your friends and family at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Barbara. Love your sister's gift. That is so creative and thoughtful. Enjoy the next decade. it is a good one.

    I love your blog title.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.