Skip to main content

Whoo Hoo!

I didn't get any quilting done this weekend.  You would think that would make me sad, however, I was at a better place.  I was fortunate enough to go to a Ricky Tims Super Quilt Seminar this weekend in Rocklin, California.  Went with a few new friends from the guild.  Fun to get to know these ladies better.

The seminar was so much fun - you learn and laugh so much.  The other speakers were Alex Anderson and Libby Lehman.  If you ever get a chance to go to one, I would highly recommend it.   Here are a few pictures.


Ricky gave us all permission to rip fabric.  And to show us that it's much faster than cutting strips, he gave a demonstration / race.  He asked for volunteers and one of my friends Janice was chosen to tear and she won the race.  Here she is getting a little tutorial from Ricky and then her at work.


She got to keep the strips and she shared them with the rest of her friends.

And while there, we ran into some other people we knew.
I did not get pictures of the ladies I was hanging out with though.  Ran into more people from around here too. 

A weekend of inspiration.  Loved it!

Comments

  1. OOOOHHHH! I am soooo jealous -- it's making me do the many ooooooo's thing in your blog. Anyway, it looks like you had an absolute blast and I am still envious........ There periods instead of o's! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to one of those seminars a few years ago in Livermore CA. It is a lot of fun and learning, isn't it. I was lucky enough to have my name drawn at random for a free yard of Ricky's hand-dye fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.