Skip to main content

So Ready for Fall






A finish that I can share.  This is one of the projects I worked on at our friendship group, Material Girls, retreat at Pismo.  I quilted it and bound it today at the local quilt store Thimble Towne's 6 to 6 sew day. Today I finished the top of another fall bed sized quilt - but won't show that until it's quilted.  But right now I have two good sized quilts pinned and ready to go.  Now I just need inspiration for the quilting design.

This week I also broke a bood vessel in my eye.  I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned and when the doc came into check my teeth out he blew air at a tooth and it made me cough - and after he calmed down because my head bucked up and scared the ??? out of him, he said what happened to your eye.  I didn't understand what he meant until I got to the office and everyone kept asking me what was wrong with my eye.  I kind of freaked when I saw it and then went on line to see what it was or if I needed to call my regular doc.  It says it should clear up in about 10 days - so it should be cleared up before Kelly's wedding. And yes I have a picture of it but it kind of freaks people out.


Our retreat last weekend was great.  11 ladies sewing all day in the wonderful town of Pismo Beach.  We all got so much done.  Did I get any pictures of any finished projects?  No, but I did get this group shot with most of us in our aprons that our dear friend and Anna made us and she wasn't able to make it the retreat.  I do have one more picture but Sue would kill me if I put it on the internet.  Let's just say she has learned a lesson about leaving personal clothing items hanging around her sewing area and leaving for a while - you never know where it will be hanging when it comes back.  Good thing she has a wonderful sense of humor but I think Debbie's husband was a wee bit embarassed. 



Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Comments

  1. I've been waiting for a new post... your wall hanging inspires me to decorate my house... but where will I find the time? I don't know how you do all you do, Barb! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun time.

    I love the autumn wall hanging. Fall is my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! I'm glad you commented on my post so I could find your lovely blog! I love your fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola....guess what. I didn't play. I was too sick. BIG BUMMER but oh well. What can you do? I am watching season 1 of project runway! woohoo!!! I can't wait for hours and hours of sewing drama. I would love to stay home tonight and sew while it's nice & rainy but I have class. =(
    I worked on my lesson last night, made the achromatic color scheme first. I think my "line drawing" may be a little to complex cuz I sure as hell don't want to make six more!!! It's all those tight squeezes when cutting. yucko! Oh well..... "make it work" as Tim would say (har har....)

    I think Barnie is kinda cute, too. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.