Skip to main content

International Fabrics



This is what I got on my trip to Nassau, Bahama this past week.  We, my husband and I, were there for almost a week for my step-daughters wedding.  I'm glad I can say I saw The Bahamas, but I have no desire to go back.  I did, with the help of my in-laws, find this fabric shop that sells these Bahama Hand Print fabrics.  At $29 per yard for this cotton poplin, these two small pieces were all I could afford.  I think I'll make a nice pillow for Kelly (step-daughter) with these fabrics and I'll embroider their names and wedding date on it as well.  It's perfect because their house colors are aqua and brown. 

It's not that I didn't think The Bahamas weren't beautiful, because it was, but I am not a sunbather and my husband is not a touristy kind of guy so we pretty much didn't do too much except walk around the resort and drink.  It was nice the first 3 days because there were wedding things planned (rehearsal dinner even though there was no rehearsal) and then a meet and greet the first day.  The people of The Bahamas were so friendly and no matter where you were you also got friendly answers.  My in-laws and I got to see the real Bahamas on a bus ride home from the fabric store - we are calling it our great adventure. 

Here's a picture of the bride and groom, his parents, me and my husband.  I have to admit that it was a very humid and hot day.  Luckily every now and then a breeze would come up to keep us all from dying.  The wedding was beautiful and Kelly, her mom and her new mother-in-law did an excellent job in all the organizing.  It was an idyllic setting, casual but beautiful. 

And for the title, international fabrics, I have these to add.  These are the fabrics that my mom and sister bought for me while they were in Holland.  I just asked my mom to get me a yard of fabric.  But look at all the goodies they brought back. 


Such beautiful fabrics.  I just have to figure out exactly what to make with them.  They are so special so the project has to be special too.    Any ideas for these fabrics would be appreciated. 

Comments

  1. Kelly looks beautiful and you do too! I'll have to think about those fabrics... some kind of special wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.